Present Continuous Tense Grammar Practise

Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Continuous tense.

1. We can't go out now. It ............... ( rain ) heavily .

2. Look at them. They ............... ( play ) in the garden now.

3. There! The sun ............... ( rise ) now.

4. We ............... ( go ) for a show tonight.

5. ............... he ............... ( sleep ) now?

6. I am waiting for my father. He ............... ( drive ) me to school today.

7. Switch off the radio. I ............... ( try ) to read this book.

8. Listen! Someone ............... ( call ) for help.

9. The phone ............... ( ring ) . Go and answer it.

10. I'm ill. I ............... ( not go ) to school today.



Answers : 
1. is raining
2. are playing
3. is rising
4. are going
5. Is; sleeping
6. is driving
7. am trying
8. is calling
9. is ringing
10. am not going